Monday, March 27, 2017

Down Time

From the morning of Thursday the 16th of March, I had felt the onset of a cold. The gigs were fine but I was feeling the cold breeze from behind me during the performances, some of which were ice hockey arenas with a huge block of ice in the room!

I gradually got worse and by the show in Raleigh on the 19th, I was doing all I could to keep from going under. Hot baths and showers were the order of the day, but by Orlando on the 21st it had become very tricky. I was so cold that night I wore my robe during the show, something I had never done before. 


I remember that night as we came off stage telling Chrissie to 'cover up'. When you come off stage you always feel invincible and bullet proof, but that is the time the cold/virus/infection can jump on you. Sure enough, the following night Chrissie was too ill to sing and we haven’t done a show since (despite attempting a soundcheck).



So I have spent a lot of time staring at a pile of bubbles in the bath and contemplating the next gig. It’s a strange and unsettling feeling being on tour and not being able to play. It results in too much time in hotel rooms going nuts.


Now Chrissie has a confirmation of her infection and with regards to her latest blog, I’m sure we can pull through this unprecedented period of inactivity on the road.Mark my words, It’s a lot harder for the singer than the drummer to busk it. 


Thank you all for your understanding and support. 


MDC

No comments:

Post a Comment