Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Thirty Five Years

 It's hard to believe that Jimmy and Pete have been gone so long. The resting places of my dear friends are close to where I now live, and I visit them often. They are always with me.

Photo: Martin Chambers
  This week in scorching heat in London, we are in rehearsals to tailor the different shows for different audiences. They are also different length sets so we must pay close attention to timings.

 The months of June and July are our busiest until a comparatively leisurely mince through August.
a
 I look forward to seeing your smiling faces again at some of these approaching shows and maybe back in the States next year!!
a
Take care of yourselves and I will blog again soon.
     
M.D.C.

8 comments:

  1. So sorry I never got to hear Jimmy and Pete with Pretenders live. Still remember your very impressive drumming in Germany in 1984. All the best! C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited them both a week or so back and next time I go ill be taking something with me to clean up Petes headstone,there must be a lot of birds in that big tree that shades his grave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and Martin, its great to see you keeping Jim and Petes spirit alive by continuing the band. Never tire and Never stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you are rehearsing now for the tour, would you ever consider including some less known songs from the Spotify lists we sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughts and prayers go out to you, Jimmy, Pete, and all of their family and friends.
    Keep it going you're a good man Martin.
    Wishing you all the best.
    Xx
    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Martin, I watched the Pretenders show at the Bospop festival, last Saturday, July 8th.. It was great and you guys had real fun. I discovered your music back in 2010 when I went down a depression... At almost turning 30, I really had a hold on your music and especially at all the things Pete Farndon presented... his playing, bass lines and looks....It blew me away. Looking back, I just needed a hero back then and Pete became the one. So the show of last saturday was a bit emotional for me too, looking back. I want to thank you for the music that The Pretenders give me and I often think about how Pete and Jimmy would have looked liked today.... I also wonder if his white Fender Precision Bass is still in possession of you or Chrissie... Whatever happened to it? Greetings Joris van Laarhoven, Helmond, the Netherlands... (1981).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm lucky to have seen the original line up at Blossom Music Center near Akron. I'll never forget it. So you maybe back here in 2018??? For realz?? xoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I firmly believe that one cannot go through life without honoring and cherishing people and events that were so important to who you are. A true friend. Happy XMAS, Martin.

    Mike C. - Ohio

    ReplyDelete