Sunday, April 16, 2017

RAH, London 10.4.17

Since the night of the 4th of April I had managed only an average of three hours sleep a night, and two hours on the flight home. By the night of the show at the Royal Albert Hall on the 10th, I was seriously sleep deprived but not yet hallucinating. 


  
The Royal Albert Hall is a very special place to play and I’ve been lucky enough to have performed there on three previous occasions. It proved to be a spectacular night with everyone  raising their game,especially Chrissie and James(because Chrissie had told him Jeff Beck was in the audience)! Ricky and Nick were on fire and I, of course, at one point played the TROMBONE for the first time.
 

Photo credit: Peter Amodio
YES the trombone as part of my intro into ‘Middle of the Road’….you just had to be there!! Luckily there is photo evidence! My father who played the trumpet at the RAH with the ATC band in the late forties/very early fifties would have been so proud!!

 I will post again when we start the European Tour in a month or so that kicks off with the Harley Davidson Festival in the South of France at St. Tropez on May 13th. The stage is on the  beach!


Love,

M.D.C.  X

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martin, so lovely to see you on Monday night. And I am so pleased I was able to give you the pics taken of you, me, Chrissie and your mum taken in Cardiff some time ago when I saw you at the aftershow party on Monday night. Dawn Jones, Wales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dawn, I live in California I don't suppose you bought an extra shirt from the show that you're willing to sell? -Michael

      Delete