Friday, November 25, 2016

Notes From My Office Chair

 

 My view of proceedings from my office chair (drum stool)!

 This picture was taken at our own gig at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, NJ. It shows what I can see, which is not a lot depending on the reflection of light. I'm working on getting the Perspex screen(s) laid at an angle to me so it stops the sound slap back and of course stops me seeing reflections of myself (very annoying during the show). It is a problem. 
 The screens are there because it helps shield the drum kits clattering sound from being picked up by Chrissie's microphone which would put that sound in her ears. Not good. (Even I don't have it in my own ears)! 
 a
 So I'm working with our scientists/techs on an easier way of not getting any audio/visual reflection and an angle would cure that. 
Now aren't you glad I shared?
 a
 Tomorrow we are doing our own show in Akron Ohio. Now I'm sure I know someone who is from that neck of the woods!!!   
 a
See Ya !
 a
M.D.C.

3 comments:

  1. Saw a guitarist puting a Perspex shield in a zigzag across the front of his cab recently for a similar reason Martin - stopped the cones firing the high volume directly forward across the stage and the zigzag pattern was to break the sound up and send a bit of it sideways, rather than it bouncing back and fore into the mic on the cab. Anyhow enjoy the rest of the touring. Cheers! Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about you just put her in another room?

    ReplyDelete