Thursday, November 10, 2016

Sadness In Nashville

 The last few days have been strange and stressful, experiencing the U.S.A. go through such painful changes. On Tuesday, as I walked around Ernest Tubb Record Shop on Broadway in Downtown Nashville, I was remembering what it was like here many decades ago when I first encountered this music town.
.
Even 9 years ago the Ryman Theatre was standing proud and could be seen from a distance. Now I find it so sad that this National Historic Landmark that was once the heart and soul of Nashville,(The Union Gospel Tabernacle built in 1892, later to become The Grand Ole Opry, that operated from 1943 to 1974)is hidden from view by all the new buildings that sadly conceal it's very existence. 
 .
 After resorting to a jumbo margarita and some rice and beans at a local Mexican restaurant, I watched the votes come in. What on earth will happen next?
.
I am now in Charlotte, N. Carolina and tonight I am looking forward to playing the Spectrum Arena. 
The trucks and buses roll on. 
.
 M.D.C.

3 comments:

  1. Martin
    I agree with you that Nashville is changing with pros and cons. I'm glad you knew it in it's younger days. As far as the election; I think we've gotten to a place where it really doesn't matter who's in the White House because the lobbyists and global interests are the real agents of change. Keep making me happy knowing you're kicking out the jams night after night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. M-
    Just left your show in Charlotte and wanted to thank you and the crew for yet another fine performance. Some things do degrade and get shadowed out with time, but your music stands as evidence that human passion and will can break through and throb on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are truly suffering this time. And we thought Bush Jr. was bad...

    ReplyDelete