Monday, July 2, 2018

From West to East


Looking down on Aspen, Colorado. Heading to Philly.
 After the Mountain Winery show I got a message from the former Pretender Robbie McIntosh containing the drunken outtakes by Orson Wells advertising the Paul Masson Wines (made from the grapes grown at this winery). Orson was such an arrogant drunk but quite funny to watch. Always good to hear from Robbie.

We flew east to Philly and I left my computer on the plane and didn’t notice until I unpacked. Disaster! Desktop not backed up! Horror! It was located after several sleepless nights. Should be reunited in Cincinnati.
At the Count Basie show I felt disconnected sound wise and it was hard work for me.
In such theatres the stage is a box attached to the room. I’m at the back so deep in the box. The band is along the joint of the two boxes, and I’m behind that awful Perspex, and behind the line of the amps. I never used to be in this position in the earlier years. Enough said.

It was great to have the All Mighty Senators doing our show at the Fillmore in Silver Spring M.D. A great night with an all standing floor! Although we joined our bus in Philly we took a flight to Atlanta and I had a glass corner room on the 26th floor at the Loews Hotel. The World Cup football was now into the last 16, so come on England. This was our first show with Journey and my friends in Def Leppard, it was at the new Sun Trust ball park. We did our 45 minutes and rocked out. It was hot and it was a joy to see the Defs after our show. Joe Elliot loves Mott the Hoople who I had worked with in 2009 and 2013. Joe would come on and sing a verse on All the Young Dudes. Jimmy Page was a regular at those gigs too! Unfortunately, we lost Pete Overend Watts and Terry ‘Buffin’ Griffin since those shows. Mick Ralphs has since suffered a stroke and I visit him when I can. Life is a day at most. Grab it. Feel it.
So far the whiskers are still on the road!

We traveled by bus to Nashville and gained an hour so, a regular night’s sleep! But man it’s hot now here in Nashville and It’s only 11am. I’m looking forward to seeing Emmylou Harris tonight. I believe she is one of our guests. She’s such a wonderful and gracious lady.

Brazil 2 Mexico 0. Mexico are going home although they caused some great and pleasant upsets!

So the Ryman Auditorium tonight. Love the room.

I will write again soon when I get my computer back! This is sent from my iPhone! None of this back in Jimmy and Pete’s day!!!

M.D.C.

Sent from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment